We regret to inform you that our website no longer supports Internet Explorer. To continue browsing the website, please consider using other browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.

Other Filming

Filming for news broadcast or media events invited by the University generally does not require a permit. The filming party should liaise with their respective media contact points of the University for details of the arrangement or for any assistance required.

For filming commissioned by the faculties / departments / offices of the University, as well as filming for interviews with individual University members, the interviewee or responsible staff from the office concerned is advised to seek approval from the Security and Parking Unit of the Estates Office (Tel: 3917 2882 Email: eosecure@hku.hk and eofm@hku.hk) for filming at outdoor locations on campus, and to accompany the filming party on the day if possible.


  • The filming party (“The party”) should observe the general rules and regulations of the University. The University reserves the right to ask any individuals who are disruptive or in violation of the filming guidelines to leave the premises.
  • The party should not cause any disturbance to members of the University and its activities. The privacy of members of the University should always be respected.
  • The party should not cause any damage or injury to any person or property of the University.
  • The party shall indemnify and keep indemnified the University against all losses claims for injuries or damages to any person, or any property whatsoever may arise from the shooting activity.
  • The party should be responsible for the insurance and safety aspect of the crew.

Rescheduling and Cancellation 

In case of inclement weather or other reasons that may lead to the cancellation or rescheduling of your filming session, please inform the office(s) concerned on or before your original scheduled date. Any notification after the original scheduled date will be regarded as a separate application.