HKU Visitor Centre
(Former Elliot Pumping Station and Filters, Workmen's Quarters)

Built in 1918-19, it was originally used as the Workmen's Quarters for Chinese workers and watchmen, who worked at the Elliot Pumping Station and Filters, Water Supplies Department.

This red brick rectangular-shaped building is one-storey high and comprises three rooms. It has a pitched roof of Chinese pan-and-roll tiles and gable ends. Verandahs are featured on the front and rear parts of the quarters. It now houses the University's Visitor Centre.


Centennial Campus: Heritage. (2011). Retrieved from
HKU Visitor Centre