Did You Know
First Year Experience Funding Scheme for Student Projects
1. To enhance first year students’ understanding of the aims of university educationand enable them to cultivate an inquisitive mind;
2. To promote intellectual exchange and to heighten first year students’ awareness on global issues and social responsibilities;
3. To foster learning communities which facilitate integration between students of different cultural backgrounds and intercultural understanding; and
4. To enhance first year students’ appreciation and understanding of the relationship between HKU and the community.
Applications are open throughout the year but they must reach CEDARS at least 3 weeks before the date of commencement of the Project. Applicants should submit their application and proposal online. The proposal should contain information and details on:
1. Title of the Project;
2. Objectives of the Project;
4. Format and schedule of activities (date, time, duration and venue, etc.);
5. Expected number of first year students taking part;
6. Expected outcomes, achievements, impact and contributions of the Activity;
7. Information of the partner organization (if any);
8. Method of Project evaluation;
9. Budget; and
10. Information of the student society / group with CV of the project coordinators.
Please go to http://wp.cedars.hku.hk/fileupload/files/sd/FYEFS.pdf for details.